We could not do this work without the support of so many members and volunteers.
- Thank you to Alan Kleinschmidt and the San Francisco Choral Society for complimentary tickets for our staff, board & volunteers to their wonderful performances.
- Thank you to Dr. Mary K. Bryson and Liz Margolies, LCSW speaking on our webinar “At Cancer’s Margins: Sexual and Gender Marginality in Cancer Health and Experiences of Care.”
- Alice Price-Styles, Julie Morgan (and Danika), and Marie Bautista for their invaluable help with our year-end mailing
- Thank you to Bunker and Survival Media Agency for taking the powerful photos we used in our year-end fundraising materials.
- Thank you to Xiomara Blanco for volunteering her skills as a photographer and joining us at the Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice march to make sure we had beautiful and powerful photos of the day.
- Thank you to everyone who made our 8th Annual Action Speaks Louder Than Pink: Food For Thought fundraising dinner a huge success:
Our Emcee Shakirah Simley for guiding us through the event with warmth and a healthy dose of truth-telling.
Our chefs for donating such an delicious, plant-based 4-course meal: Michael Andreatta, Christina Morris, Trudy Schafer, Susanne Stampke, Eric Tucker, Sascha Weiss
Our extremely generous sponsors: Mechanic’s Bank, Anonymous, Neyhart, Anderson, Flynn and Grosboll, Ben & Katie Horne, Yamini & Tushar Ranchod, Nancy Painter, Judy Bloom, Ann & Larry Wheat, Carol Lourie, Katie Weitz
Our super volunteers without whom the event would not have happened: Megan Blattspieler, Barbara Carberry, Kristen Keller, Joey Richards, Sarah Tannehill, Carla West
Our talented pianist Ian Ratzer for entertaining us with his special brand of “cocktail pop.”
Ghirardelli Chocolates & Miyoko’s Kitchen for providing hors d’oeuvres and chocolates.
All of our Silent Auction donors whose generosity ensured our success:
American Conservatory Theater
Asian Art Museum
Beach Blanket Babylon
Berkeley Repertory Theatre
California Canoe & Kayak
Centered Body Pilates
City Arts & Lectures
Contemporary Jewish Museum
Crimson Horticultural Rarities
Dance Mission Theater
Farm Fresh To You
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Freight & Salvage
Gallery of Jewels
Joshua Ets-Hokin, Photographer
Kabuki Springs & Spa
Lucky Strike Bowling
Museum of Craft and Design
Oaktown Spice Shop
San Francisco Bay Adventures
San Francisco Electric Tour Company
San Francisco Opera
San Francisco Symphony
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Walt Disney Family Museum
- Thank you to our successful peer-to-peer, online fundraisers for raising $9.500 between August and October:
Fundraisers on our Don’t Pink For Me Platform:
Jorge Lamas in memory of those passed, those that are here as survivors & those whom we need
Katherine Volin in memory of Jackie
To Stop Pinkwashers in Their Tracks:
Everyone who made a fundraiser on Facebook in honor of their birthdays: Happy birthday to you all! And a big thanks to all who gave to Breast Cancer Action through these fundraisers:
Sharon E Barrett
Dennis Cantieni Jr
Gina Iezzi and Danielle Marie
Elizabeth Berry Polash
Edwin TradeMark Vaquilar
Kristen Vinther Watson Vistalli
- Thank you to the people around the country who held an in-person fundraiser for Breast Cancer Action during Pinktober:
Butler High School in Butler, New Jersey for their annual fundraising football game
Capital Tennis Association in Washington, DC
Women of Colorado for their Yoga Fundraiser in Denver, CO
Kathy Clancey and her water aerobics class in Aptos, CA
The Nook Bakery in Fairhaven, MA
Thank you to our Special Promotions
- Thank you to Mahkana for our newest special promotion. Mahkana sells beaded bracelets with a set of color combinations that are exclusive to each nonprofit. The best part is 25% of net proceeds for each bracelet gets donated back to Breast Cancer Action! Click here to get yours today!
- Thank you, always, to Lori Gibson and Pure Haven for their October promotion to benefit Breast Cancer Action.