Intern at Breast Cancer Action
Thank you for your interest in working at Breast Cancer Action! We currently have the following internship opportunities available (see below). Our internships are an unpaid positions. We encourage students to pursue funding opportunities through their schools.
About Breast Cancer Action
Breast Cancer Action is not your typical breast cancer organization. Our passionate, talented, tireless team and our engaged grassroots membership are our strength. Since our founding in 1990, we have had an outsized impact because of the power of people coming together. We are eagerly seeking interns to contribute to and learn about our work.
Breast Cancer Action is known as the watchdog for the breast cancer movement. We work for system change that addresses the root causes of the breast cancer epidemic. Radical and compassionate, we never shy away from the hard truths. We tell it like it is and refuse to blame anyone for their breast cancer, because:
- More than a quarter million women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year;
- Black women are 40% more likely to die from the disease and people of color fare worse after a diagnosis;
- Involuntary chemical exposures throughout our lives are linked to increased risk of breast cancer and 90% of breast cancers are not linked to family history or genetic mutations;
- Corporations boost sales with pink ribbon products for awareness, yet fail to take steps to ensure their products don’t increase the risk of breast cancer;
- Pink ribbon culture shifts the burden to patients’ attitude and behavior by insisting we “stay positive” and “fight like a girl.”
Breast Cancer Action is fiercely independent and refuses corporate funding from any company that profits from or contributes to breast cancer, which means we can do the work that other breast cancer organizations don’t.
We are an ambitious organization and successful team members bring big, bold ideas, as well as a relentless determination to get the actual work done. We value diversity and each member of our team brings their own diverse lived experiences along with the depth of their professional expertise to inform and enrich our work together. Our work together is deeply collaborative and driven by our organizational values.
Breast Cancer Action is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, citizenship or veteran status as provided by law.
There are currently no internship opportunities available at Breast Cancer Action. Please check back in the Fall of 2020.