By The Breast Cancer Action Team
There are just two days left in 2020, and most of us are looking forward to this challenging year coming to an end. Looking forward to 2021, we know that our groundbreaking work started in 2020 must continue in the coming year to make a difference in achieving health justice for everyone at risk of and living with breast cancer.
- Defend the Affordable Care Act while advocating for universal healthcare. We will continue to elevate stories of people living with breast cancer who have either struggled with healthcare or benefited from the ACA, building on the success of this year’s guest videos and blog posts.
- Urge the National Cancer Institute to end their silence by providing information on the link between chemical exposures and breast cancer to researchers, health providers, and the general public, following our call-to-action this year that was co-signed by more than 100 scientists, researchers, and advocacy organizations.
- Educate our members, the breast cancer movement, and policy makers about the links between neighborhood and individual Adverse Childhood Events (ACEs), highlighting key findings from a joint research project made possible by our organization and the Child Health and Development Studies.
- Expand our national impact. We will mobilize our membership on more federal policy issues and increase opportunities for virtual engagement.
- Continue to provide one-of-a-kind content and analysis on the latest news about breast cancer issues through our podcasts, webinars, media analysis, and thought leadership. And we will provide compassionate, evidence-based information about breast cancer through our free Information and Resources services to anyone who needs it.