Thank you to The Green Policy Institute, Silent Spring, Natural Resources Defense Council, and the Endocrine Disruption Exchange for providing scientific advice and guidance for this year’s Think Before You Pink campaign.
Thank you to our wonderful 2019 Summer Interns:
- Kavya Narendra-Babu
- Emma Stern
- Edwina Wong
We could not do this work without the support of so many members and volunteers:
- Carol Fong for her ongoing assistance in the office.
- JoAnn Loulan for organizing a powerful benefit concert featuring Anna Nalick and Ronny Crawford.
- Lily Huang and Sofia Rothschild for their invaluable help with our year-end mailing
- Alan Kleinschmidt & the San Francisco Choral Society for complimentary tickets to their performances for our board, staff and volunteers.
Thank you to everyone who made our 9th Annual Action Speaks Louder Than Pink: Food For Thought fundraising dinner a huge success:
- Our Emcee Lateefah Simon for guiding us through the event with warmth and healthy dose of truth-telling.
- Our chefs for donating such an delicious, plant-based 4-course meal: Veronica Salazar, Mat Schuster, Kadie Vita, Catherine and Dimitrios Kalessis, Miyoko’s Kitchen, Susanne Stampke, and Sascha Weiss
- Our extremely generous sponsors: Karen Klein and Ben Golvin, Mechanics Bank, DataStories by Seshat, Enchanting Planting, Peggy Huston, Lee Ann Slinkard and Maria Morris, Neyhart, Andersonn Flynn, and Grosboll, Judy Bloom, Miriam Hidalgo, Alice and David Hoffman, Ben and Katie Horn, Gail Kaufman, Yamini and Tushar Ranchod, Ann and Larry Wheat
- Our fantastic Event Committee: Gail Kaufman (Chair), Abigail Arons, Kate Holcombe, Peggy Huston, Julie Morgan, Yamini Ranchod, Lee Ann Slinkard, Catherine Williams
- Our super volunteers, without whom the event would not have happened: Kirstin Arnold, Dina Balatti, Marie Bautista, Sophia Magnone, Sofia Rothschild, and Carla West
- Our talented pianist Ian Ratzer for entertaining us with his special brand of “cocktail pop”
- All of our Silent Auction donors whose generosity ensured our success: Virginia Leung Price, Lisa Hartmeyer, Paula Hartmeyer, Judy Bloom, Kabuki Springs & Spa, Holden Hand Jewelry, SF Bay Adventures, Chronicle Books, City Club of San Francisco, Joshua Ets-Hokin, Photographer, Berkeley Reperatory Theatre, Berkeley Symphony, Blue Apron, Booksmith, California Canoe & Kayak, Captain Kirk’s Sailing, City Arts & Lectures, Cole Hardware, Commonwealth Club, Contemporary Jewish Museum, Cowgirl Creamery & Cantina, Dance Mission Theater, Delfina Restaurant, Dr. Carol Lourie, Excelsior YogaFine Arts Museums of San Francisco, Fit Clothing of Rockridge, Freight & Salvage, Lesley Evers, ODC Dance Commons/Rhythm & Motion, Pacific Pinball Museum, Rebecca Katz, SFJazz, San Francisco Symphony, The Talking Body, Walt Disney Family Museum, Waterbar, Urban Putt, Vichy Springs Resort, Little Nepal Restaurant, Gather Restaurant, Laurie Pomeranz, California Shakespeare Theater, Cliff House, Big Hair Fire & Glass, Book Passage, Museum of Craft & Design, East-West Integrative Medicine Clinic, East-West Integrative Medicine Clinic, Athena Ellen, Dana Craft, Samanta Tello, American Conservatory Theatre, Ziegler Chiropractic, Yoshi’s Restaurant, Omni San Francisco, and Shotgun Players
Fundraisers on our Don’t Pink For Me Platform:
- Stephen V. Kobasa
- Julie Morgan
Everyone who made a fundraiser on Facebook in honor of their birthdays: Happy birthday to you all: Anonymous, Jeri Blair, Vasni Calderon, Yvonne Chau, Eileen Supnet Crisolo, Amber Danielle, Terri Morris Downs, Rene Fay, Clarissa Gonzales, Betty Havey, Connie Dunn Hillyer, Kim Lagdamen, John McCloskey, Maira Morillon, Kendel Place, James Sabatino, Deborah Servetnick, Anje Vela, and CoCo Villaluz. And a big thanks to all who gave to Breast Cancer Action through these fundraisers!
Thank you to our Special Promotions: Community Thrift, Mahkana, Molly T., Pure Haven, and I Love Female Orgasm.