Breast Cancer Action (BCAction) seeks a highly motivated individual to work in collaboration with program staff to lead the research and development of our 2012 Think Before You Pink® campaign activities. The intern or volunteer will conduct research, develop campaign materials, and more. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to contribute to BCAction’s award-winning campaign.
Organization: BCAction is a national breast cancer education and advocacy organization. We carry the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the changes necessary to end the epidemic. BCAction is committed to taking meaningful action to meet the needs of women living with breast cancer and to stop breast cancer before it starts. We work to:
- Address and eliminate the social inequities women of color and low income women face in breast cancer diagnoses, treatments, and mortality rates.
- Advocate for more effective and less toxic breast cancer treatments for all breast cancers.
- Decrease involuntary environmental exposures that put people at risk for breast cancer.
An internship/volunteer position with BCAction provides the opportunity to learn more about the politics of breast cancer and to take part in grassroots women’s health and environmental activism. Interns/Volunteers will work at BCAction’s national office in downtown San Francisco. Interns/Volunteers participate in the day-to-day operations of the organization and are supervised by a program staff member who helps design and oversee intern/volunteer projects.
Tasks: The Think Before You Pink® Campaign Intern/Volunteer, in partnership with program staff, will:
- Perform research that supports the goals and strategies of BCAction’s Think Before You Pink® campaign
- Plan campaign calendar
- Develop campaign materials
- Conduct outreach to potential campaign partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in breast cancer and social justice
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Great attention to detail
- Willingness to engage with Breast Cancer Action members and partner organizations
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week
Interns/Volunteers Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Hone their research and writing skills
- Assist program staff in planning and developing Breast Cancer Action’s 2012 Think Before You Pink® campaign
- Work with dedicated, passionate non-profit staff members
- Gain a deeper understanding of the breast cancer epidemic through a social justice lens
- Gain professional development
Internship/Volunteer position dates: on-going
Pay: This is an unpaid position. School credit may be available to current students.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualification for this position, along with your resume to Annie Sartor,Policy and Campaigns Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.