Joining Community Leaders for Change is an opportunity for members to use their personal experiences to inspire others to get involved and take action. They commit to representing BCAction at 2-4 events in their community and facilitating and leading discussions on breast cancer advocacy issues. They also encourage questions and connect the public to BCAction’s work. Below are some examples of the types of events they participate in:
- Casual conversations with members of their community (for example, in school parking lots, churches, synagogues, doctors’ offices, etc.)
- Presentations at PTA meetings, women’s group meetings, support groups, other community groups
- Join existing events and fairs where breast cancer and/or women’s health is of interest.
- Staff a table at a community health fair
- Attend a conference (and table)
- Write articles/blogs for BCAction’s (for placement on website or outside media sources)
- Organize a screening of Pink Ribbons, Inc.
- Educational facilities (example, speaking to women’s health classes)
- Brown bag lunch discussions at workplace