Breast Cancer Action invites you to enjoy a fun and provocative evening filled with bold performers who all share a commitment to health justice. Join us for the 5th annual Acting Out – For the Health of It variety show!
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Presented at Brava Theater Center
2781 24th St, San Francisco, CA
- General Admission Tickets: $35 (Doors open at 6:45 and show starts promptly at 7:15 pm)
- VIP Tickets: $85 (Reception from 6-7 p.m. – delicious bites and beverages with a special live musical performance.)
Emcee: Tania Katan
Tania Katan is an award-winning author, keynote speaker and creative trespasser who believes in storytelling at all costs! Katan has performed her stories at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, NPR, Comedy Central Stage +. Her work has been written about in the New York Times, Huffington Post, BuzzFeed +. She has been a featured speaker at Business of Software, S.H.E. Summit, TEDx +. As Brand Evangelist for B2B SaaS company, Axosoft, she cut her teeth on Agile + Scrum methods. She holds a degree in Theatre, is a graduate of Creative Capital’s Professional Development Program and is certified as an Anti-Bias & Diversity Trainer. As a Speaking Coach, she works with best-selling authors, TED speakers and CEOs empowering them with the tools and techniques to engage and inspire audiences. Katan is a whiz in disruptive marketing strategies, audience engagement and radically activating spaces online and off.
- Gifted poet, vocalist, and spoken word artist Nazelah Jamison performing a powerful spoken word piece
- Dynamic dance duo, Jo Kreiter and Vitali Kononov, with a piece they created just for this show
- Thao Ngyuen, hilarious creator of the acclaimed one-woman show Fortunate Daughter, getting you laughing with her stand-up comedy
- Members of Bay Area Young Survivors (BAYS), reading from the recently published anthology Agony and Absurdity: Adventures in Cancerland
- And more!
Special thanks to our event committee members
- Abigail Arons
- Julie Morgan
Become an event sponsor. For a list of levels and benefits, click here.