Work at Breast Cancer Action
Thank you for your interest in working at Breast Cancer Action! We currently have the following positions open.
Breast Cancer Action (BCAction) is accepting applications for a high-performing, half-time (20 hrs. per week) Development Officer. The Development Officer will join BCAction’s fundraising team and report to the Development Director. Key responsibilities will include supporting, strengthening, and growing the workplace giving and planned giving programs and working with the Development Director on cultivation and stewardship strategies to boost revenue in all individual giving channels including direct response, peer-to-peer fundraising, and car donations. The ideal candidate has previous work experience in nonprofit development, donor cultivation and stewardship, strategic planning, and project development and management. In addition to experience with donors at all levels, this candidate also has a proven track record of engaging and supporting volunteer solicitors and fundraisers. We are looking for a results-driven team player who is passionate about BCAction’s work and will help grow the organization’s individual donor base. (BCAction receives 65% of our income from individual supporters.)
BCAction is a national education and activist non-profit organization whose mission is to achieve health justice for all women at risk of and living with breast cancer. As a matter of policy, we guard against conflict of interest and never accept corporate funding from any corporation that profits from or contributes to cancer. This policy allows us to put patients before profits. BCAction is located in San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit www.bcaction.org and www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org.
- In consultation and collaboration with the Development Director, support and strengthen individual giving, focusing on planned giving, workplace giving, peer-to-peer giving, and car donations.
- Develop strategies to expand workplace giving nationwide and write the work plan and timeline for rollout and execution of those strategies.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer community leaders who will lead workplace giving efforts in California and in other states.
- Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship strategies to grow the planned giving prospect pool.
- Develop and reinforce tracking tools for donor management processes.
- Create materials and prepare packets for donor meetings.
- Conduct donor prospecting of new and existing donors.
- Grow a volunteer solicitor program and secure new volunteer solicitors.
- Work with Development Director to support the Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts.
- Support and grow BCAction’s peer-to-peer fundraising activities, including supporting active fundraisers.
- Pull lists and prepare reports as needed.
- Prepare applications for all local, state, and federal employee giving campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency
- Demonstrated ability and experience with prospecting, cultivating, and managing donor relationships
- Detail and deadline-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing people person who is not afraid to pick up the phone
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Fluency with Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and commitment to women’s health issues from a feminist perspective
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter, highlighting relevant experience, along with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Development Officer”. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position offers paid time off benefits.
Breast Cancer Action is committed to equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, citizenship or veteran status as provided by law.