Together we continue to build a powerful, grassroots movement to address and end the breast cancer epidemic and achieve historic wins for women everywhere. We’re so proud to share with you the successes of the 2012-2013 fiscal year:
- After five years of opposing corporate monopolies on our genes, we won a landmark victory when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in our favor to outlaw patents on the “breast cancer genes.”
- We took a leadership role in the movement to end hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”), a toxic process of energy extraction that inherently threatens public health.
- We distributed over 10,000 Think Before You Pink® Toolkits to grassroots activists across the U.S., empowering them to take action to stop pinkwashing.
- Through our Community Leaders for Change program (formerly the Speakers Bureau), we mobilized and trained 23 community-based activists across the country.
- Our free webinar series attracted nearly 2,000 participants nationally with information about screening and detection, media literacy, pinkwashing, toxic cosmetics, and more.
These are just highlights; please, download the full annual report from fiscal year 2012-2013. We do all this and more with a small staff and lean budget, thanks to the power and generosity of our members, and all the ways you support us: donating, volunteering, campaigning, writing, sharing, and so much more.
As we look ahead to the coming year, we’re excited to build on our success together.Thank you for all you do to support BCAction. Together we will change the course of this breast cancer epidemic.
P.S. To open a version of the annual report that is optimized for printing, please click here.