Register for Tuesday January 24th, 2012 webinar: 2pm-3pm (PST)

Register for Wednesday January 25th, 2012 webinar: 10am-11am (PST)

Featuring Karuna Jaggar, Executive Director of Breast Cancer Action and Janet Ackerman and Ruthann Rudel, from the Silent Spring Institute.

The webinar will provide:

• BCAction’s commentary and analysis of the recently released Institute of Medicine report on breast cancer and the environment
  • A summary of where the report got it right and where it missed the mark
  • A focus on the limits of individual behavior and the policy changes required to reduce these exposures to toxins that may be contributing to the skyrocketing rates of breast and other cancers
  • Review the committee’s recommendations and discuss how advocates can move these recommendations forward

Join us on Tuesday, January 24th or Wednesday, January 25th for this free one-hour webinar to understand the role that advocates can play in turning the tide on the breast cancer epidemic.

This entry was posted in BCA Action Alerts, BCA Events, BCA News.

11 Responses to Webinar: New Report on Breast Cancer and the Environment: A Briefing for Advocates

1. Nancee Marchinowski says:

May I have a copy sent to me again? I’m not available for the Webinars. Thank you!

Nancee Marchinowski

2. maritza says:

can I be email a copy of the: ONE Response to Webinar: New Report on Breast Cancer and the Environment: A Briefing for Advocates, I won’t be able to attend at those times. thank you!

3. Ann Fonfa says:

Friends,

I have criticized many organizations for the same reason – you need to be aware of the sign up set up. There is NO space for nonprofits or ADVOCATES. We have to use OTHER. All of us MUST suggest to the webinar companies that they add those categories so that we are specifically included. I know that you know this, but no one noticed apparently.

4. Rae says:

Will this be closed-captioned? If not, please send a transcript. Thank you.

5. m.whitehead says:

Alas, I have commitments for both days when you are doing the webinar – UGH! Will you be posting the webinar to the BCAction website? Is there any chance of getting a hard copy of the report from IOM? Thanks in advance for your reply.

6. Pingback: Webinar: New Report on Breast Cancer and the Environment | Our Bodies Our Blog

7. Karen Shrimpton says:

looking foreard to the seminar findings

8. Tom LaFontaine, PhD says:

I can’t attend the Webinar. How can I get a copy of the report – in a .pdf format preferable?? Tx, Tom LaFontaine, PhD

9. M. Shimek says:

Since both Webinars take place during work hours, I will not be able to attend, but I would appreciate a copy of the report so that I may share and discuss it with my breast cancer support group.

10. Patricia Carozzo says:

I was unable to make the webinar. Is there any chance you have a copy of your information?

Thanks,

Pat

11. Sandie Walters says:

I was unable to make the webinar. Any chance you could send a copy of the report?
    Thanks,